Tuesday 4 February 2020

St Peters School

This morning I went to do the assembly at St Peter's School.  It was our first visit this year and was so lovely to see all the children and staff after such a long time.  To start off I asked the children about Christmas and New Year - yes I know it was weeks ago and we are now in February! but it did link into something I was going to say later.  Our first song was Be Happy then I told the story of the Lost Son from Luke - although the visuals I used had the title The Wild Son Who Returned - which I thought sounds better.  I pointed out and reminded the children of the reason why Jesus came to earth in the first place and explained that these stories are everyday earthly stories but have a hidden heavenly meaning which I explained to the children.  Jesus came to show us what God was like as well as what Heaven is like and how we can get there.  The wild son of my story is like us who do things wrong and the dad of the story is like God who forgives us when we do wrong.  But we need also forgive others if they do wrong to us.  To finish off I pointed to the large version of the Lord's Prayer that is painted on the wall of the school then after singing God Can Do Anything I finished with a prayer and then we all said the Lord's Prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment