Wednesday 5 February 2020

Lindal and Marton School

This morning Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Lindal and Marton School.  It was our first visit of 2020.  So to start off Sarah asked if everyone had had a good Christmas and New Year, she also asked if anyone had been to parties over Christmas - this was to link in with the story I was going to tell later.  Sarah then asked what makes them happy and a few children responded this was to link with the song - Be Happy.  After the song I told the story of the Lost Son except the visuals I used called it The Wild Son Who Returned - which I think sounds better.  Sarah had mentioned to the children that I was going to tell the children one of Jesus' parables - an earthly story with a heavenly meaning.  As I told the story I focused in on the forgiveness the dad showed to the son and reminded the children that Jesus came to tell us more about God and Heaven and what we need to do to get there.  As the dad forgave the son so in turn God forgives us for the wrong things we do, but we also need to forgive those that do wrong to us.  Sarah concluded this part and talked a little more about forgiveness before introducing our next song God Can Do Anything.  After the song Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment