Tuesday 22 May 2012

Croftlands Junior School

This morning we went to Croftlands Juniors and told the story of Peter walking on the water to Jesus.  I read the story from a Bob Hartman book which uses an interesting technique in that each line is repeated 3 times but each time a different voice of expression is used.  Also the children have some responses to made at the end of some of the lines which gets them involved with the story as well.  At the end of the talk I talked about Jesus and Peter being the only men to ever walk on water - then I said I know you may have seen people doing it on TV but they are magicians and what they are doing is an illusion.  I spoke about how Peter trusted Jesus when he asked him to step out of the boat but as Peter stopped trusting then he started to sink and it was Jesus who helped him back into the boat.  For the children I said that they should trust Jesus and when tough or hard times come as they do then they should continue to look to Jesus and pray and he will reach out to help them too as he did with Peter.  Sarah then made the connection to the song by saying that when we trust something we put our faith in it like so many people from the Bible did.  Which brought us into our song Giants of Faith.  I concluded the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment