Thursday 24 May 2012

Our Lady's School

This morning I went to take the assembly at Our Lady's.  We started with a quick song as I wanted to teach the children Giants of Faith.  So following Inright Outright I displayed some words on the screen for the children to shout out during the story.  They appear to be quiet random and they were in the wrong order, I asked if anyone who work out what the story might be, one little boy thought he did but soon put his hand down again.  So I started the story which was taken from a Bob Hartman book of stories and it repeats each line three times and at the end of some lines the children need to shout out one of the words.  They really enjoyed the shouting part as they listened to the next line and working out what word to shout next.  The story tells of Jesus walking on the water and Peter stepping out to join him.  At the end of the story I talk a little about trusting Jesus as Peter had done and like Peter if we take our eyes of him we can too start to sink.  I also said that when we trust we have faith and I then introduced them to the giants of faith in the song Giants of Faith.  Following that I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment