Thursday 3 May 2012

Parish Fellowship afternoon

Yesterday afternoon I was invited along to the Parish Fellowship at Ulverston Parish Church.  The ladies there wanted to know a little about the work Sarah and I do for Jester for Jesus.  I started by talking about my mum as it was her that first took me to church (while dad worked shift work) and that I had seen a church physically being built.  However I had a dislike for Sunday School and most weeks would try by whatever method I could to avoid going.  I would cry, push my finger through the loop of my coat and then twist the coat round so tight my finger would turn white, I kicked the teacher and may have even bite them once.  Through all of this mum and dad persevered with me when they could have so easily given up and to them I am most grateful.  I also talked about the story Jesus told about the lost son and how he did some really bad things but despite all of them his father was looking for him and that father figure is God Our Father and he looks for us to make a U turn.  I also talked about the lost generation of people, these are people mainly children that have no concept of God, Jesus the Bible or church - why because they have not been brought up with it as their parents didn't go to church as children.  I went on to say about our work and it is because we have a lost generation that we do what we do in schools, church fun days, school events, Bible Explorer etc.  I encouraged the ladies to pray for us as we continue to have doors opened to us particularly in schools.  I had a great time and I hope that the ladies did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment