Thursday 17 July 2014

Leven Valley School

This morning I went along to Leven Valley School for the final assembly of the year.  I decided to sing Great Great Brill Brill with the children as we haven't sung that one for a while.  Then after the song I read the story of Paul's ship wreck on his way to Rome.  I used the Lion Storyteller Bible to tell the story then I filled in some of the blanks that the bible account has, like the number of days the storm raged for and the number of prisoners on board.  I explained that in life we sometimes face changes like Paul had done in his life and we also face challenges as Paul was in our story.  I linked this to the changes the children would be facing as they move up the school and the year 6 children as they leave the school and go off to secondary school.  As we move year to new year we also face new challenges like the year 2 children going into Key Stage 2, the year 6 children to Key Stage 3 and the challenge of a new much bigger school.  I told the children that as they move that God will be with them and I displayed the verse from Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid for the Lord you God is with you wherever you go.  After this and as a treat we sang the Chicken Dance.  Then I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment