Thursday 10 July 2014

Our Lady's

This morning I went along to Our Lady's in Dalton for the assembly.  To start with we sang Great Great Brill Brill although we have done this one before it was a long time ago so I reminded the children of the actions as well as pointing out that the word 'wicked' in the song is in fact street talk for good.  After the song I told the story of Paul being shipwrecked on his way to Rome.  I did fill in some of the details of the story before I started though to explain why he was going to Rome.  Following the story I again filled in some other details about the story like how many people were on the boat and about how long the storm lasted for.  I explained to the children that in life we all at some point face changes as well as challenges and the story we had heard was about a big challenge that Paul faced.  However God via an angel assure Paul that all would be well with the people on the ship even though the ship was going to be lost everyone would be safe - and they were saved and the ship did get lost.  I tried to encourage the children that as they journey through life and as they see changes happen like moving up a school year or in the case of the year 6 children moving school, that God will always be there and he will protect them as he did Paul.  I also said that they could ask God to help them as Paul did whenever they face difficult times.  To finish we sang Wonderful Lord as that talks about God being our shield and protector and that he is always there looking over us.  During the song I said a prayer for all the children as they move on and in particular the year 6 children.

No comments:

Post a Comment