Wednesday 10 September 2014

Broughton School

This morning we travelled over to Broughton school for the first time of this new school term.  As the new reception class would be in we decided to do our New Beginnings assembly so to start off we sang Be Happy then I brought out Scruff the Dog, now he wasn't very happy today in fact he was a bit down.  I asked him what the problem was and he whispered in my ear that he had some funny feelings inside him, so I questioned him further to find out that he felt a bit scared and alone.  Now I couldn't leave it like that so I told him that there was no need to be scared or feel alone as he was with lots of people that knew him - but that wasn't helping as he knew that - it was because he had gone to a new Dog Grooming Parlour and there was a few bigger dogs there, that was what was making him feel the way he did.  So I asked the children what we might do to help him.  So armed with a few ideas and the promise of a treat from my pocket he went back into his bag and Sarah talked to the children.  She used the what Scruff was feeling as an idea for how the new children in school might be feeling and used the suggestions the children gave as ways the older children might help them out.  Using the bible passage Matthew 25:35ff which Jesus talks about doing things for other people is like doing them for him we encourage the children to look out for and help the new starters in the school because when we do we can shine Jesus' love from the inside out which was our next song.  Sarah then closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment