Friday 19 September 2014

BX OT1 at Low Furness school

This afternoon I was at Low Furness School for the first lesson of Bible Explorer.  I was with the year 5/6 class.  Last year I did the New Testament and so this year it is back to the Old Testament.  So after a brief intro from the teacher to explain what was happening I launched into the lesson.  A number of children wanted to get involved with the various stories I was telling as we made our way through the book of Genesis.  We looked at Adam and Eve, Noah and the flood, talked about the Tower of Babel, then on to the stories of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph.  Next week we will cover the story of Moses.  The children got into the idea of the hand signs pretty quickly as I worked my way through them as I went along.  Looking forward to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment