Wednesday 14 October 2015

Broughton School

This morning I went over to Broughton School to do an Operation Christmas Child assembly.  After singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger I talked a little about the movie Inside Out by first showing the SKY tv ad.  The movie has people inside a child's head that control her emotions there are things like anger, sadness, joy disgust. I wanted to focus on just one of them joy.  I explained to the children that with events happening in the world today it is possible that we have some of the same emotions that the girl has in here head like anger and things but we can make a difference by filling a shoe box full of gifts we can bring joy into a child's life.  I went on to explain how that can be done and what can be put into a shoe box and then explained what happens to it after the children hand it in.  To finish off I showed the Love in a Box video of children opening their boxes and seeing the joy on their faces.  I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment