Saturday 31 October 2015

Parish Church Light Party

Feeling a bit spaced out after the Parish Church Light Party this evening - well I say spaced out that is because we went into space.  The theme for the evening was space so children came in space costumes (adults too I might add).  We had a great time with the children as they enjoyed doing space related craft activities and then eating extra jumbo out of this world hot dogs.  They watched a short drama too about Jed the young space adventurer who ignored the rules and got himself lost in space, only to have Mission Control send him the Return Home Signal - this was linked to the Lost Son parable Jesus told which I then linked to Jesus saying he is the way as well as the light of the world quotes from John.  I had a great time and I hope and pray that the children did too, thanks to Emily the children and family worker at the Parish for putting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment