Monday 2 November 2015

Penny Bridge School

This morning I went down to Penny Bridge School for the assembly.  To start off we sang So Many Ways to Praise the Lord, I then asked the children how they would show someone or tell someone that they loved them.  Loads of good answers came back from the children, like sending them a card, giving them gifts, helping them out or just talking to them.  I then asked how do we tell God we love him - the answer I was looking for was by praying to him which was one of the answers I got as well as singing and praising him.  I then lifted out a teaspoon and explained that I was going to teach them a way to pray using a teaspoon - but first I explained how I was taught to pray when I was their age which isn't wrong but is one way, I also said that we can pray anywhere from our bedrooms to the top of a mountain.  I then told them that Jesus' disciples asked him how to pray and what Jesus told them became known as the Lord's Prayer.  I quickly told them the story of the tax collector and the Pharisee and about the big words he used to pray and that to pray we don't need big fancy words.  Back to the teaspoon...I asked the children what letters we use to shorten teaspoon it is TSP so taking these letters I said we can use them to remind us how to pray.  So the T is thank you when we should thank God for what he has done for us, the S is to say sorry for the wrong things we have done or the right things we haven't done, then the P is to say please when we can ask God for things - I don't mean loads of money etc but things like help us in a test, or when someone is ill.  To close off the assembly we sang I Love You then I prayed a tsp prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment