Thursday 19 November 2015

Our Lady's School

This morning I was at Our Lady's School for the assembly.  After singing So Many Ways to Praise the Lord I introduced the assembly idea with a teaspoon.  I then asked the children how they would show or tell someone they loved them.  I got a number of very good answers.  I then went onto ask them how they tell God they love him - by praying came the answer.  It was prayer that I wanted to talk about with the children, I explained a few different ways to pray and talked about places where you could pray - it doesn't always have to be a church I said.  I then took the teaspoon and asked what letters do we shorten it to - tsp so using the t we can say thank you to God for all he has done for us, using the s we can say sorry for the wrong we have done to people and the p is for please when we can ask God for something (I did point out that asking for loads of toys at Christmas was not what I was talking about)  So I told the children that the next time they use a teaspoon remember the t s and p.  To close we sang I Love You and I then said a tsp prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment