Thursday 12 November 2015

Croftlands Junior School

This morning I went to Croftlands Junior School to take the assembly.  To start off we sang God Can Do Anything then I displayed the word Peace on the screen and asked if the school had done anything on 11th November which they had.  I explained then that in 1918 as the war ended Jelly Babies were introduced first being called Peace Babies.  They were a sort of pick me up, a good feeling, a celebration of peace following the war years.  They stopped production in the second world war and finally in 1953 came out again this time called Jelly Babies.  In 1989 they were all given a name and a character.  In fact each of the colours are different flavours as well as each baby being slightly different too.  The point was they all work together in harmony which is what peace should be like.  I pointed out that we are all different too, and we should work towards peace at all times.  Matthew 5:9 says this Happy are those who work for peace; God will call them his children.  I read this verse out to the children and encouraged them to be peace makers in school, in their community and in the wider community too.  To close we sang May the God of Hope after I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment