Wednesday 18 November 2015

Shoe Box Collection for Operation Christmas Child

WOW!  What a day!  Sarah and I set off this morning to do two assemblies first at St Peters then on to Broughton School the plan was that after each assembly we collected the OCC shoe boxes from the schools.  As we had a bit of time between St Peters and Broughton we decided to try and find a place to get a coffee in Broughton we ended up at the Bakery, I ordered the coffees and then got talking to the lady behind the counter, the conversation moved on and it somehow came around to me telling her that I was out and about collecting shoe boxes.  I pointed out the logo on my jacket as I was talking, I said how many we collected last year and so on and so on and that on Saturday we shall be processing them and getting them ready for shipping off to needy children.  She wanted to know more so I continued then she said that she would like to give me some money towards the work - I explained that I was just in the shop for two coffees but she proceeded to open the till and gave me some money - by now I could feel the tears starting to build up.  I was so over whelmed by this lady - I pray that God will truly bless her and her business. We then headed off to Captain Shaw's school after the assembly at Broughton before going down into Millom for the collections there.  From Millom it was back towards Barrow and the collections there then back via Dalton to Our Lady's school before reaching home - 69 miles later and the van weight down under the weight of the 350 shoeboxes we had on board.  It took two of us nearly half an hour to unload.  Then this evening Grace, Martha and myself have sorted them into ages and put them in to packing cartoons ready for taking to the processing day on Saturday 41 in total plus the ones we have already dropped off at ECC.



No comments:

Post a Comment