Tuesday 24 November 2015

Low Furness School

This morning Sarah and I were at Low Furness School for the assembly.  Our theme was Heroes and Heroines in the Bible.  So to start the assembly off we sang Giants of Faith which covers a number of people in the bible who are heroes.  After this Sarah shared a few photographs of other more modern day heroes like explorers, nurses, the wartime king and queen and a very brave local young lady who created a bucket list that went viral.  Sarah talked about each one briefly then handed over to be to look at people in the bible, I ran through the names of the characters in the song missing out one of them - after asking the children which one I had missed - Ruth - I told her story and explained why I consider her to be a heroine in the bible.  Following the story We sang Shine from the Inside Out as that is what God wants us to do.  Then Sarah said a prayer to close.

No comments:

Post a Comment