Wednesday 4 November 2015

Burlington School

This morning I was at Burlington School for the assembly.  I decided to focus the assembly on peace as it is getting close to 11th November.  So after singing God Can Do Anything (which was a new one to the children) I opened a packed of Jelly Babies and explained a little of the history of them - like the fact that they were first though of in 1918 to celebrate the end of world war 1.  This linked in with the theme of peace as back then they were called Peace Babies.  I explained that when you look at a packet of Jelly Babies they are all different in that the have different colours, flavours and the jelly babies are different too and each have a name and a character!  They all come together in harmony and when people do that, that is what makes for peace.  I asked the children to remember that the next time they eat a packet of Jelly Babies or any sweets for that matter.  I asked the children to also suggest ways that they can bring about peace in their, school, home and community to and a number of good ideas came out from that.  To close we sang May the God of Hope again another new one to the children, I then said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment