Monday 2 November 2015

Pennington School

This afternoon Sarah and I went along to Pennington School for the assembly.  So after singing So Many Ways to Praise the Lord I lifted a teaspoon out and said that I was going to talk about it - but not yet.  I asked the children how they would tell or show someone that they loved them - lots of ideas came out, giving a hug, kissing (but not at their age I quickly added), helping them, telling them.  I then asked how we tell God we love him - praying came the answer.  I then explained that I was going to show the children how to pray with a teaspoon - but not yet.  I talked about different ways people pray some kneeling on the floor, in the quiet of a bed room. in church, up a mountain etc.  I also spoke about people like the Pharisee and tax collector story Jesus told how the Pharisee used grand words and the tax collector just said sorry.  I also talked about the disciples when they asked Jesus how to pray and from that came the Lord's Prayer.  I was going to teach them a way to pray using a teaspoon.  So I asked them what letters does the word teaspoon get shorten to in say baking - tsp came the answer.  So using the TSP we can pray, the T is for thanks - thanking God for the things he gives to us and giving him praise, S is for sorry - saying sorry for the things we have done wrong, P is for please, asking God for things - I did at this point say that it wasn't asking for money and things but help with things like tests, when someone is ill etc.  Sarah then took over and said that now we would sing I Love You as that is how the assembly started by asking how we say I love you to God.  After the song Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment