Tuesday 17 November 2015

Croftlands Infants School

This morning Sarah and I went to Croftlands Infants school for the assembly.  As we were deciding what to sing at the start of the assembly the children asked for God's Love is Bigger than a Burger - so we went with it.  I then said that today I was going to talk to them with a ... then pulling a teaspoon out of my pocket - I said this.  All the children laughed as I then said but not yet and put it away.  I asked the children how we would show love to someone, lots of great answers came back from being friends with people, to showing kindness and care towards people, helping others.  I added a few of my own like telling them, writing to them, buying a gift for them.  I then asked how do we tell God we love him.  By praying came the answer back.  I then reintroduced the spoon saying that today I was going to show them a way to pray using a teaspoon - but not yet as I put it away again.  I explained that there are lots of different ways to pray and that we can pray in all sorts of different places too.  Then the teaspoon came out again and I asked if they had ever done any  cooking or baking and if they knew the letters we use to shorten the word teaspoon in a cook book - TSP came the answer.  So I said that if we take the letters TSP we can use them to reminded us how to pray - the T is for thank you - we show Thank God for what he has given us and what he has done for us, the S is for sorry, we should say sorry to God for the times we have done things wrong, and the P is for please when we can ask God for something - I did add at this point that it is not asking for loads of presents at Christmas but asking please for help with a test, or if someone is ill.  To finish off we sang Great Great Brill Brill as it has a line in it about God being there when we talk to him.  Following the song Sarah closed the assembly with a prayer using the TSP idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment