Wednesday 10 February 2016

Burlington School

This morning Sarah and I drove over to Burlington School for the assembly.  We started off by singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger then we talked about Pancakes and what people did yesterday with their pancakes.  Then Sarah asked if they knew the other name for the day - Shrove Tuesday.  She also asked if they knew what it means - I displayed a slide giving the meaning which is about forgiveness.  I then went on to talk about what this time of year is in the Christian calendar Ash Wednesday marks the start of Lent. I explained what Lent is and that people give things up, it is the time of year when we remember Jesus in the desert for 40 days and nights before he is tempted by the devil.  Sarah then repeated something I had said about giving things up and encouraged the children not to give something up but to do the opposite and start something - like helping out at home, tidying their bedrooms etc.  To finish we sang I Love You before Sarah closed with a prayer followed by the Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment