Monday 29 February 2016

Croftlands Junior School

This morning I went to Croftlands Junior School for the first assembly of 2016 - Yes I can't believe it either.  After singing God can do Anything I told the story of Peter walking on the water from a Bob Hartman book.  It has words for the children to respond to which help them to remember the story as well as adding a bit of fun to it.  The theme was on trust and I then talked about Peter trusting Jesus in that he stepped out of his boat, something which he was so familiar with as he was a fisherman.  Sometimes we get called to step out of the familiar and into something that we are unsure about.  Walking on water was just something I don't - no can't do - and Peter knew this But! he trusted Jesus and he - walked on water.  As long as his eye was on Jesus things went well but when he took his eye off Jesus he started to sink but then Jesus was on hand to help him back into the boat.  I encouraged the children to keep their eyes fixed on Jesus and God and to trust in them, because as he sang to start off God can do Anything.  To finish we sang Shine then I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment