Tuesday 23 February 2016

Crosthwaite School

This afternoon I went over to Crosthwaite School for the assembly.  It was great to see all the children and staff again and the drive over was stunning too, it really made me feel happy so to start off the assembly we sang Be Happy.  After the assembly I introduced the theme which reflects the time of year we are currently in - I first of all displayed the word Lent on the screen then asked what time of year it was, I got a few different answers including Lent and also Spring so I then linked the two saying that Lent is an Old English word meaning Spring.  I then explained that it is the 40 days that come before Easter, and explained that Easter is the time when we think about Jesus on the cross.  I also explained that a number of Christians give things up for Lent some give up food while others give up other things. But in the Christian Church Lent is the time we think about Jesus in the wilderness at the very start of his work - that is before the miracles and his teaching.  I displayed some pictures as I talked about what happen during that time and about how Satan tried to tempt him.  I then talked about how we can sometimes be tempted to doing and saying things we shouldn't and I encouraged the children to do as Jesus did and say NO! - I got the children to shout it as I put my hand up.  To finish the assembly we sang Shine because I reminded them that if we don't give in to temptations and we say NO! then we can Shine from the Inside out.  After the song I said a prayer to close.

No comments:

Post a Comment