Thursday 27 April 2017

Coniston School

This morning I went to Coniston Primary School for the assembly.  After singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger I told the children the story of Ruth.  I explained that it is only a short story and that the book of Ruth only takes up a few pages in the Bible and could easily be overlooked but it is of great importance as it shows real love in action as well as playing a part in the life of Jesus.  After the story I explained that Ruth showed so much love towards her mother in law Naomi and later that love was rewarded by her marrying Boaz.  I encouraged the children to be like Ruth and show love and kindness towards each other in school as well as other people.  I pointed out that God's love for us is massive we know that because he sent Jesus to die for us.  To close the assembly we sang I Love You before I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment