Wednesday 26 April 2017

St Peters

This morning I went to do the assembly at St Peters.  It was good to see all the children again after the Easter break.  I gave the children a choice as to which song to sing - they picked God's Love is Bigger than a Burger - which fitted with what I was going to say anyway.  After the song I told the story of Ruth explaining that it is only a small part of the Bible but is so important.  I pointed out the love that Ruth had for Naomi and later the love that Boaz showed to Ruth.  I further explained that God love us so much and even though we are loved by our parents and family, God's love for us is so much bigger.  I encouraged the children to show love and kindness to others just as Ruth did to Naomi.  To end we sang I Love You before I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment