Wednesday 15 November 2017

Burlington School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Burlington School.  To start off we sang Be Happy then I showed the children the Minion Mini Movie Clip 'Banana'  which the children found very funny.  After the clip I asked the children what it was the Minions hadn't done - share the banana.  I explained that if they had perhaps shared it between the two or three at the start of the clip then they might not have had all the other Minions chasing after them and loosing the banana.  I talked about how good it is to share what we have and pointed to the children's pile of shoe boxes they had collected saying that they had shared their love when they filled their box.  I encouraged them to think about what else they might share either at school or at home or in the wider community.  I linked back to our other assemblies this year which have all been about compassion and looking around to see what we can do to help others - cue Help Me Be Your Eyes Lord Jesus.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment