Wednesday 15 November 2017

St Peters School

This morning I went to do the assembly at St Peters School.  I didn't sing a song at the start but went straight into the story.  It was a modern day telling of the Good Samaritan story Jesus told. In my version of the story we had a businessman on a train from London to Birmingham and he became ill - very ill, we also had a nurse and a police officer in place of the Priest and Levite - and they walked on by just like in the Good Samaritan story.  Then instead of a Samaritan person I had a rapper who came along a bit loud but was the one who called for help and gave money to see the man who was ill home.  Although I had 4 children dressed up in costumes the rest of the children took part as the sound of the train.  I split the children into two halves one half said London the other Birmingham and when said fast enough it sounds like a train going over the tracks.  At the end I told the children where they could find the story and explained why Jesus told it in the first place and I also pointed out why a Samaritan person was included in the story - they weren't like by the people of Jesus' day.  I then talked about who our neighbours are saying it is not only the person that lives next door to us, one child said it was everyone - great answer!  I linked this to anyone who is in need and further linked it into the shoe boxes which I was taking away after the assembly.  All of what I had said linked very nicely into Help Me Be Your Eyes Lord Jesus after the song I said a short prayer and prayed for the children who would be receiving one of the shoe boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment