Thursday 21 November 2019

Flookburgh School

This morning Sarah and I went to Flookburgh School to take the assembly.  We sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger to start the assembly off.  Then Sarah started by asking the children about friends which was to link into what I was going to talk about.  She also pointed out that sometimes we read stories about Jesus and what he did in the Bible and at other times we read stories Jesus told - today was a story about Jesus and what he did.  I then retold the story of the lame man from Mark 2:1-12 who was helped by four of his friends, who took him to see Jesus and he healed him.  As a visual aid I used my square to cross prop and moved it into various shapes as I told the story - getting some laughs along the way.  Sarah then expanded on what the friends did by asking the children what makes a good friend.  To finish off we sang Shine before Sarah said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment