Monday 25 November 2019

Pennington School

This afternoon Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Pennington School.  Sarah started the assembly by asking the children who had a friend loads of hands went up.  She then said that the talk I was going to do was about friendship which just happened to be this half terms Christian value. Sarah also pointed out that in the Bible Jesus sometimes told stories which we call parables but today the story was one that Jesus was involved in.  I then told the story of the lame man who was carried by  4 friends on his bed to see Jesus from Mark 2:1-12.  I used my square to cross prop to help tell the story as I reshaped it into various shapes as the story moved on.  Sarah then asked the children about what makes a good friend and each answer she got she expanded on and explained to the children how they could be good friends. One child said it was koinonia which is Christian friendship.  To finish off we sang Shine again linking in to friendship.  Sarah then said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment