Sunday 11 March 2012

Bible Explorer at Croftlands Community Church

I have possibly broken a few rules today so I'll say sorry to Walk Thru the Bible for that but I had the chance today to talk to our church about Bible Explorer. Many people in our Church know about the work of Jester for Jesus Ministries and there are a few other churches around that have asked us to talk to them about it too. Today I was down to preach, and the theme was open. So I thought about it and during last week I have booked 3 BX's for the summer term and as we publish all our dates and events so that people can support us in prayer I decided to talk about Bible Explorer and what it is. I thought the best way would be for the church to see and experience some of the hand signs too, I was not really intending it to be a lesson but it ended up that way as Sarah stayed at home with Grace this morning as they are both feeling a little under the weather. This meant no Sunday School - my plans quickly for the day made more sense so the children stayed in church and I did a half hour talk with hand signs, actions and actors, magic tricks, visual aids, sound effects etc of lesson 1 from the BX programme. It went down like ... ice cream on a hot summers day. Some of the older ladies of the church want the next part of the story next month and are going to ask the elders. Everyone joined in from the youngest to the oldest at over 90! I ended with a plug for the work of Walk Thru the Bible both here at away as well as plugging G.P. Taylors book YHWH. I also asked the church to support me in prayer for this very vital ministry into schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment