Wednesday 21 March 2012

St Peters Ireleth

This morning I was at St Peters with Scruff the Dog. I introduced Scruff to the children but when he came up he had a bright green/yellow glove in his mouth. Now because of this he couldn't talk until I removed it. When I asked him why he had a glove he whispered into my ear that he didn't just have one he had loads and brought them out to show the children. I was a little confused now as to why he had so many gloves. Scruff told me that he thought I had said we were going to be talking about Palm Sunday and about waving!! So he thought about hands because they wave and also have palms... Well I told Scruff that he was mistaken so he decided to sulk, which the children found so funny so I decided to tell him the real Palm Sunday story. About how Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey as a king and the people all cheered and waved palm branches - but they had too misunderstood what Jesus was doing because they wanted a mighty king to rule them and throw out the Romans but Jesus came to die on a cross for us and for our sins. Which is something the children shouted out to me during the talk. To finish we sang Inright Outright because it has the line Jesus cares for me because he died on Calvary.

No comments:

Post a Comment