Thursday 29 March 2012

Windermere Juniors

There was a bit of confusion in the air today at Windermere Juniors. We sang a song and then Sarah went to start the story - but I thought I heard her say she needed some green palms to wave and a goat. Now the palms was very easy to find as I have some green gloves but the goat - the nearest thing I found was a sheep. So the story started and I gave out a green glove to some of the children on the front row and told them to wait for the part of the story when Sarah said to wave them. I then lifted out a costume sheep head and explained that it is like a goat and if you squint a bit could look like one. Here is the confusion bit Sarah didn't want hands/palms to wave but palm leaves! and it wasn't a goat/sheep she wanted but a coat!! Oops I told Sarah that I didn't know of any bible stories where goats and hands were used. Sarah then went on to explain the story of Palm Sunday with me butting in now and again to add something. The story ended with Sarah talking about Jesus on the cross at this point I showed the picture of the cross from Experience Easter then went on to Easter Sunday morning when I showed the empty tomb. I then took over and explained about why Easter is so important and why we have Easter eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment