Monday 14 December 2015

Croftlands Juniors

This morning I went to do the final assembly of this year at Croftlands Junior School.  It was great to see all the children.  I started the assembly off with Inright Outright then got 9 children to each hold a box with a letter on the font which when put in the right order said Christmas.  I then asked if they could think of things to do with Christmas for each of the letters.  After they opened the boxes and inside the lid of each one was a word.  Putting the words together made a sentence in fact a bible verse from Luke 2:11 which says 'today a saviour has been born'  After the children had sat down I asked them about this word saviour and about what they thought it means, I also asked if the knew who the saviour is.  I explained that Jesus did come to us as a baby at the time we now celebrate Christmas but in fact grew to a man and died for us - our saviour.  The song we sang has a line that says Jesus cared for me when He died on Calvary.  On Christmas morning all of us will be Inright outright upright downright happy through and through when we open up our gifts but spare a thought for why we do it - God's special gift to us in Jesus.  So now it is a time to rejoice at Christmas.  We finished by singing Rejoice with us this Christmas and then I said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment