Tuesday 1 December 2015

Crosthwaite School

This afternoon I went over to Crosthwaite School for the assembly.  I started it by singing Inright Outright - I did a quick recap of the actions with the children first.  I had before the assembly arrange a number of boxes wrapped in Christmas paper at the front, each box had a letter on the front.  I then asked who could tell what the word said - it was Christmas.  I asked 9 children to come out and help.  Then using each letter of Christmas I asked if they could think of something with that letter to do with Christmas - I got a number of very good answers back from the children.  Then the children opened up the boxes to find a word in the lid, I now asked them to make a sentence with the words - it was a bible verse from Luke 2:11.  It said - Today a saviour has been born to you.  I asked the children to sit down after I had gone over the verse a few times.  I held up the word saviour and asked if anyone could tell me what it meant.  I had a number of great answers - one who saves.  I explained that this was Jesus and that he came to earth to be our saviour - the one who saves.  That was why we sang Inright Outright at the start as it says - Jesus cared for me when he died on Calvary.  That is why we have Christmas, and why we celebrate at Christmastime.  I then finished off the assembly with Rejoice with us this Christmas then closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment