Thursday 10 December 2015

Leven Valley School

Today I took our Christmas assembly to Leven Valley School.  After singing Inright Outright I asked the children if they knew what the letters on the Christmas boxes spelt.  Loads of hands went up the word was Christmas.  I asked 9 children to come out and hold a box up as I went down the line and asked the children for something about Christmas that started with each letter.  Then the children open the boxes and found some fixed up words.  I told them it was a Bible verse we then moved the children around until we got a verse that made sense - Today a saviour has been born to you. Luke 2:11  I read it with them a couple of times before asking the children to sit down again.  I kept hold of the word saviour and asked what it means and who the saviour was.  The answer is of course Jesus and he is the one who saves.  I linked this to the song we had sung about Jesus caring for us when he died on Calvary.  I also said that on Christmas morning everyone will be Inright Outright Upright downright happy through and through when they open their presents but also spare a thought for why we do it - Jesus God's gift to us born to save us given to us at Christmas.  To close we sang Rejoice with us and I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment