Tuesday 15 December 2015

Low Furness School

This morning I went to do the last assembly of the year at Low Furness School.  I did our Christmas assembly for them.  So after singing Inright Outright I got children up to hold the boxes and then went through each of the letters of Christmas asking the children to think of words with that letter to do with Christmas.  Then as the box lids came off the children helped to rearrange them into the bible verse from Luke 2:11 Today a saviour has been born to you.  After the children sat down I held onto the word saviour and asked what they thought it means some great answers came back, I explained that it means one who saves and one child had already at this point said it was Jesus.  I linked this back to the song and the line that says Jesus cared for me when he died on Calvary.  It was good to explain that at Christmas we celebrate the fact that Jesus came to us as a baby but that he grew to a man and died for our sins on the cross.  I asked the children to remember on Christmas morning amid the opening of presents and things to think about Jesus because without him there would be no Christmas.  I encouraged them to rejoice as we sang Rejoice with us this Christmas.  I finished the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment