Wednesday 9 March 2016

Burlington School

This morning I was at Burlington School for the assembly.  I decided to take about trust with the children so after singing Be Happy I retold the story of Peter walking on the water to Jesus using a Bob Hartman story.  The story repeated each line three times and also had a key word for the children to react to.  The idea is that each line of the story can be said in a different way to highlight what is being said.  After the story I talked about trust and about how Peter put his trust in Jesus when he stepped out the boat - his boat which he knew - onto the lake which he also knew very well.  He stepped out of the thing that was safe and secure and that he was familiar with.  I reminded the children that sometimes we need to step out in a similar way like when we move to a new school or something.  We should try to do as Peter did trust Jesus - but as Peter took his eye of him he sank - however Jesus was there on hand to save him....he will do the same for us.  To close we sang Shine then I said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment