Thursday 3 March 2016

Flookburgh School

This morning I went down to Flookburgh School for the assembly.  I started the assembly with Be Happy and then told the story of Peter walking on the water to Jesus.  I used a Bob Hartman book to retell the story, each line repeated three times with a key word at the end of each line which the children responded to.  The children seemed to enjoy the story.  After the story I talked about it and asked what it was that Peter had that made him get out of the boat - trust was the answer.  I also talked about how Peter would have known all about his boat and about the water and he would have felt quite safe in his boat so to get out was a rather big thing to do.  I linked this with things that we sometimes need to do in life  like when we change school or perform on a stage or play a game for the school etc.  I reminded the children that Peter was safe as long as he kept his eyes on Jesus but when he looked away he started to sink.  We too should keep our eyes on Jesus and put our trust in him.  But as Peter sank down Jesus was there too to save him and he is also there for us in the same way.  We then sang Shine and I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment