Tuesday 8 March 2016

Low Furness School

This morning I was at Low Furness School for the assembly.  The theme was Mary's trust in God throughout her life.  So after singing Great Big God I retold the story of Jesus aged 12 in the Temple.  I focused in on the fact that Mary didn't understand Jesus' reply when he said I had to be in my fathers house.  I explained that throughout Mary's life many things would have happen that she didn't understand like his birth, the visits from wise men and shepherds, about his teachings and miracles and finally at the foot of his cross - she simply had to trust God in all things.  I linked this to things in our lives when we are called to do things that we don't understand we are to simply trust.  I talked about last year when we did a high ropes adventure thing and at the end you had to clip yourself onto a rope and step off this high platform into thin air - then you fell very fast but as you reached the ground you slowed down for a soft landing - we had to trust the rope would hold us.  To finish off we sang I love you as it says in it I need you and we all need God. I then closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment