Wednesday 25 January 2017

Burlington School

This morning I went over to do the assembly at Burlington School.  I started the assembly by showing a picture of an acorn and asked what it was - acorn came back the answer.  Next I asked what acorns grow into - oak trees.  I then asked if they had heard the phrase mighty oaks from little acorns grow - they hadn't so I explained it to them.  I then talked about how the children are a bit like little acorns that will grow up, I even said that one of the children might even grow up and become a future prime minister of our country.  I then went and told them the story of king David being anointed by Samuel.  After the story I again explained that from little acorns mighty oak trees grow and that in the room there could be pop stars, top sporting people, scientists that find a cure for something nasty.  I encouraged the children further by saying God can do anything anything at all so don't put him in a box and limit what He can do - cue for a song I think!  After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment