Wednesday 25 January 2017

St Peters

This morning I went to see the children at St Peters School and to take the assembly, it was our first visit of 2017 and it was great to see all the children again.  It seemed a little strange asking if the children had had a good Christmas as it seems so long ago now, but there was a very enthusiastic response from them.  I started by showing a picture of an acorn and asked who know what it was - acorn, so I then asked what do acorns grow into - I now got a number of replies from acorn trees, to trees to an oak tree.  I then displayed the phrase mighty oaks from little acorns grow, I asked if the children had heard that phrase before - they hadn't so I explained what it meant.  I also went on to say that they are like little acorns ready to grow into big trees - and that there could even be a future prime minister sitting on the floor listening to me.  I then told the story of David with pictures of him being chosen and then anointed as king of Israel.  I reminded the children a little acorns growing and said that God had a plan for them too.  I linked in with the song God can do Anything as I talked to the children which was the song we sang to finish the assembly.  After the song I said a short prayer to close followed by Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment