Tuesday 24 January 2017

Low Furness School

This morning Sarah and I went to do our first assembly of 2017 at Low Furness School, it seems so long since we have been there but it was great to see all the children again.  We started the assembly with Sarah asking what the object was I had displayed on the screen - it was an acorn, her next question was what do they grow into - oak trees.  This idea led into the saying mighty oaks grow from little acorns.  I then told the story of David becoming king of Israel even though he was only a small acorn - boy and he grew up to be a mighty oak - powerful king that some would say was the best king Israel ever had.  As I recalled the story I displayed some pictures to help the children visualise what I was saying.  Sarah then continued to encourage the children that even though they may only be small now there could be a future prime minister in the hall or something.  With God nothing is impossible as he can do anything cue for a song - God can do Anything.  After the song Sarah closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment