Monday 21 May 2018

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Church Walk Primary School.  As it was Pentecost yesterday I decided to talk about what that is and what it means.  I started with Inright Outright as a way to refer back to Easter, I did a recap of our last assembly with Jesus asking Peter to look after the disciples.  I then told the Pentecost story using some visuals on the screen.  Then I took a sponge and a dirty laminate sheet and explained that the dry sponge can't do it's job and clean the laminate it needs something else to help it.  I then put the sponge into a bucket of water and lifted it out explaining that it looks no different but now it can clean the laminate sheet.  I went on to say we can't see the Holy Spirit but he is there enabling us to do the things Jesus wants us to do such as telling people about him and God and how much we are loved.  To finish we sang Shine I then pointed out that God knows me, he loves us, he fills us and sends us (words of the chorus) I then finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment