Tuesday 22 May 2018

Low Furness School

This morning Sarah and I went along to Low Furness School for the assembly.  The theme for today was Pentecost.  After singing Inright Outright which links back to Easter I did a recap of our last assembly plus the events of Easter.  I told the story showing some pictures as I did so about what happened at Pentecost.  Afterwards I got a sheet of laminate which I had painted brown and a sponge and tried to clean off the paint - it didn't work.  So I soaked it in water and when I lifted it out I asked the children did it look any different - no was the answer.  Now I could clean the paint off.  I explained that the water inside the sponge enabled the sponge to do the job it was intended to do.  Just like the Holy Spirit filling up and soaking into Christians enables them to do what Jesus intended for us to do - tell people about him - just as Peter did on the day of Pentecost.  Sarah then continued to explain that Peter was shinning from the inside out.  Cue for a song.  After the song Sarah finished with a prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment