Thursday 3 May 2018

Coniston Primary School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Coniston Primary School.  It was good to see all the children again after the Easter break.  I asked the children if they had been away on holiday and I explained that we as a family had been away and that whenever we do go away our children ask if we are stopping on the way overnight.  The reason is they like Premier Inn breakfasts - eat as much as you like.  I then asked the children were the most unusual place as that they had had breakfast - I got some great answers.  I asked if anyone had had breakfast on the beach - hands went up, with an open fire - few hands stayed up and had fish - a few hands stayed up.  This linked in to the story for today Breakfast on the Beach.  I reminded the children that Peter had said three times he didn't know Jesus before Jesus was crucified on the cross and Peter was now feeling a little sad. I started the story as Peter sat on the beach before going off to fish.  At the end I pointed out that even though Peter had let Jesus down more than once Jesus was able to forgive him - and Peter went on to start the church.  Jesus gave Peter a second chance and he does the same for us but not just a second but a third and a fourth and a fifth and so on.  Peter was able to Shine from the inside out because of what Jesus had done - cue for a song.  After the song I finished off with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment