Thursday 10 May 2018

St Mary's RC

This morning I went and did the assembly at St Mary's RC Ulverston.  It was good to see all the children again after such a long time we last saw them before Easter.  I started by asking who went away at Easter, I explained that whenever we go away our children ask if we will be staying over somewhere on the way.  They like Premier Inn as you get eat as much as you like breakfast!  I then talked about unusual places people eat breakfast and gave some examples before I asked one or two children for their unusual place.  I finished off by asking if anyone had eaten breakfast on the beach, cooked on an open fire and what is fish!  This linked to the story of the breakfast on the beach story found in John's Gospel.  I did a quick recap of the events of Easter before I told the story.  Afterwards I explained that although Peter had said three times he didn't know Jesus, Jesus was here forgiving him.  I pointed out that is what Jesus came to do and he will forgive all of us the things we do wrong if we ask him.  Jesus also went on to ask Peter to take care of his disciples which Peter did.  I also linked in to today as it is Accession Day a day when we think of Jesus going back up into heaven.  I also mention the even that happened 10 days later Pentecost and how Peter stood up and told thousands of people about Jesus and than the church started.  Peter I said was shining from the inside out - cue for a song.  After singing Shine I said a short prayer to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment