Thursday 10 May 2018

Leven Valley School

This morning I went down to do the assembly at Leven Valley School.  It was great to see all the children again we haven't seen them since before Easter.  I started by asking if they had had a good Easter holiday and if anyone had been away.  I said this because whenever we go away as a family our girls always ask if we are stopping off on the way - why? well if we go Premier Inn - eat as much as you like breakfast.  This led on to me asking if any of the children had eaten breakfast in an unusual or strange place - I gave some examples first.  All of this was an intro to the story of the breakfast on the beach which is found in John's Gospel.  I did a quick recap of the events of Easter before I started.  In the story Peter is asked three times by Jesus if he loves him and each time Peter says yes - we need to remember that only a short while before Peter had said three times he didn't know Jesus.  Here was Jesus forgiving him and also asking him to lead the disciples which he did.  Peter I said also went on to tell thousands of people about Jesus which started the church.  He was now shining out for Jesus from the inside out - cue song.  After the song I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment