Thursday 17 October 2013

Croftlands Junior school Samaritans Purse assembly

This morning I was at Croftlands Junior school to do a Samaritans Purse assembly.  To start with we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger then I asked a few questions about presents like for birthdays and Christmas.  All the children thought that getting presents was great. I told the children that there are some children in the world that have never had a present at all in their life. I asked them how they would feel if they had never been given a present.  Sad was the thing most children said.  I went on to explain about the work of Operation Christmas Child. I then showed the Love in a Box video, at the end of it I read out the words of the chorus.  I then explained how they could get involved.  I left them with some Go Boxes as well as some leaflets. I finished the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment