Wednesday 9 October 2013

St Marys Samaritans Purse Assembly

Today we did the first of our Samaritan's Purse assemblies.  Lisa and I did the assembly between us.  After singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger, Lisa talked about God's love and how it is shared out for everyone, she also took some sweets and shared them out with some of the children.  I talked about Christmas and how it is only 78 days counting today until Christmas.  I asked if the children had started their lists yet - a few hands went up.  I talked briefly about what a present Jesus was to the world and about how great it is to get a present backing up what Lisa had said about love.  I showed a power point about packing a shoe box and talked about the £3 donation needed to send the box.  We then played the Love in a Box video.  After the video I read the words of the chorus again to the children.  The assembly concluded by Lisa saying that we are going to give each child a shoe box to take home then she encouraged the children to try and do more shoe boxes that last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment