Tuesday 8 October 2013

Low Furness School

Today I went to Low Furness School for the assembly.  I started the assembly by singing God can do anything, I asked Grace and Martha to help me with the actions and two others helped as well.  Following the song I did the talk, I had taken Scruff the Dog with me and we started a conversation he whispering in my ear and I telling what he said.  Scruff then told me that he had something for me which was in his bag.  I got it out to find that it was a vest!!  Then Scruff announced 'Happy A Vest Time'  I needed to question this and he told me that at this time of year which is Avest Time ... I needed to correct him that it is not Avest time but Harvest Time.  The children laughed and Scruff was not very happy and started to look away and sulk.  Despite my best efforts he continued to sulk.  I turned things around by saying that at Harvest time it is easy to get things wrong because people think it is just about saying thank you to God which is a good thing to do but we should always look to what we can give away in order to help other people.  I explained this to Scruff and the children then I thanked Scruff for his gift but gave it back to him so he could wear it in the winter.  Scruff said good bye and went away.  I then recapped what I had said about Harvest Time before singing Fruit and Veggies song, I got 9 children out to help me with the actions.  At the end I said a short prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Servant of God, Holy Greetings to you in Christ Jesus Our Lord.

    I am a Servant of God from India. I have been Working as a staff member in A Christian Ministry in India.

    While I Was Searching for Some thing, I found Your Site.

    Your Writings are Wonderful.

    We Pray for You, Please Pray for Our Ministries.

    If it is Pleases to you to Know More about Works for God You Can Send me an E.mail to My address , I Can Write you Details about Our Ministries.

    Thanking You,

    In HIM

    ReplyDelete