Tuesday 11 November 2014

Croftlands Infants School

This afternoon I have been to Croftlands Infants School to do the assembly on friendship.  So after singing Be Happy I invited  two friends out (with a little help from the teacher) and they sat at the front.  I did prompt one of them as to what the idea was I was going to do and they sat and shared some chocolate then I told the other one her friend had agreed to help clean the toilets and would she like to help.  She too agreed to the toilet cleaning, I showed the school all the things I had brought that would help, a cloth, toilet brush, cleaning spray and bucket - all the items brought a big laugh from the children.  I then retold the Naomi and Ruth story and explained during the story how they were great friends and that they had been through good times and bad times together a bit like the chocolate and the toilet cleaning.  I encouraged the children to stick with their friends through the good and the bad.  We then sang Shine and I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment